- To sleep in the state of Wudhu.
- To make the bed yourself.
- Dust the bed thrice before retiring to bed.
- One should change into some other clothes (e.g.pyjamas ) before going to sleep.
- It is Sunnah to sleep immediately after Isha Salaah.
- To apply surmah in both the eyes.
- To brush the teeth with a miswaak.
- To sleep on the right hand side.
- To sleep with the right palm under the right cheek.
- To keep the knees slightly bent when sleeping.
- To sleep on a bed or to sleep on the floor are both sunnah.
- To face Qiblah, if possible.
- To recite Surah Mulk, before sleeping.
- To recite Ayatul Kursi.
- To recite Surah Ikhlaas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas before sleeping 3 times and thereafter blow over the entire body thrice.
- Recite Tasbeeh-e-Fathima before sleeping.( i.e. 33 X Subhan Allah 33 X Alhamdulillah and 34 X Allahu Akbar).
- To recite the dua before sleeping. ( i.e. Bi ismik allahumma amutu wa ahya )
- To wake up for Tahajjud Salaah.
Apr 29, 2009
A Quick Refresher - Sunnahs of Sleeping
Sunnahs of Sleeping of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]