- Sit while eating.
- Spread out a cloth on the floor first before eating..
- Wash both hands up to the wrists before eating.
- Recite "Bismillah wa'la barakatillah" aloud.
- Eat with the right hand.
- Eat from the side that is in front of you.
- If a morsel of food falls down, pick it up, clean it and eat it.
- Do not find or announce fault with the food.
- While eating, sit with either both knees on the ground or one knee raised or both knees raised.
- Clean the plate and other utensils thoroughly after eating.
- By doing this, the utensils make dua for one's forgiveness.
- Recite dua after eating. (Al hamdu lillahi ladhi atamana saqana wa jaalna minal musalamin)
- After meals wash both the hands.
- Eat with three fingers if possible.
- One should not eat very hot food.
- Do not blow on the food.
- After eating one should lick his fingers.
Apr 25, 2009
A Quick Refresher - Sunnahs of Eating
Sunnahs of Eating of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]