- Enter the toilet with your head covered.
- To enter the toilet with shoes.
- Recite the dua before entering the toilet.( i...e. Allahumma inni audhubika minal khubuthi wal khabaith )
- Enter with the left foot.
- To sit and urinate. One should never urinate whilst Standing.
- To leave the toilet with the right foot.
- To recite the dua after coming out of the toilet ( i.e. Ghufranaka )
- One should not face Qiblah or show his back towards the Qiblah.
- Do not speak in the toilet.
- Be very careful of the splashes of urine (being unmindful in this regard causes one to be punished in the grave).
- After relieving oneself, to cleanse oneself using water.
May 5, 2009
A Quick Refresher - Sunnahs of the Toilet
Sunnahs of the Toilet of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]