Nov 11, 2007

Mentor

Mentor

I have past through a lot of barriers past my path that made me fail several times along the way, but thank god I always find the way to get back on track after taking alternative decisions and came up with solutions that helped me pass through my difficulties.

I thank first God for giving me the faith and power to get over it and pick up what left in me to pursue my career; I thank my parents and members of my family as well as my lectures who have guided me and believed in me; and the most people I thank are those who have criticized me since my childhood up to now.

A person who I thought and looked up to her as my mentor tried to bring me down several times by destroying my motivation, 1st by saying that my major in IT won't be useful in my career wise, 2nd that the family doesn't expect me to pass as they know and used to it that I am after all a failure and they are actually are hypocrites in front of me. I carried allot when she said about the family but God's mercy, I forgot about it and I didn't keep any grudge against them, After two years I recalled the incident and that the family really supported me that they were paying for my education, I realised that what she was saying was all a lie because she envied me and did not want me to be successful person and add value in the society and she wanted me to look like an idiot that I don't have a goal or a purpose in life, and I thank God she didn't succeed.

recently I had spoken to several people and unfortunately found out that the same woman tried to destroy others people's lives too in different levels, some of them got effected badly as the incident has happened when they were in their teens and some managed to get over it by other people helping them and guiding them at the right path. Allot of them are trying to help each other to get over it and the red alert is on and destruction recovery plan is been implemented.

I like to share my knowledge and experience with people on one hand in order to increase their knowledge and productivity and in their other hand to minimize their mistakes. I have seen the limitation of guidance I have been exposed and I do not want anyone to mess up their lives and career.

I love doing researches via the internet, my sister calls me 'Wikiphedia Geek' as I refer to it most of the time for a quick answers, I call it the sandwich encyclopaedia as a fast resource for me, I do not 100% depend on it when I do my assignments/projects, I go through other websites too, when I use it I go through the references too.

When it came a debate if Wikiphedia is really reliable source as anyone can add and edit it as long as they can support with references and some school teachers as well as universities and colleges assign their students to add and edit papers in Wikiphedia, an idea came into my mind that what if I use the same concept with my family members who are in their primary and elementary school, they have to write an article based on what they have read or studied that interest them, it has two be written in Arabic and English language, the objectives of this method are:

Strengthen the grammar and vocabulary.

Develop writing skills.

Develop their interests.

Use the internet resources in an assertive manner.

Develop their social and career techniques.

Add value.

Based on above my next project is to a mentor for my younger generations to prepare them to be a future successful entrepreneurs.

My first steps to achieve it

    Talk to my aunts about my idea.

    Create an online journal

    Add the candidates

    The first articles will be posted by the end of every week starting from summer 2008.

    In school days, one article every month.

    The journal will be viewed by the parents to see the progress of their children.

Pray for me it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment