Jan 2, 2008

Taxi of life

Yesterday while my sister and I driving back home, we past an internet café which in the neighbourhood we live, she said:

“Subhana Allah (Praise to Allah or God in Arabic language), we used to come here (the internet café) to use the net and now we have 3G.”

Then she continued saying,
“We must not forget from where we were.”


Her phase simulated my mind and I recalled the times I used several internet cafés for one year and a half because we didn’t have a fixed phone line at our resident (and still don‘t have), after Gonu incident, I subscribed to the 2nd mobile company Nawras in the country for internet facility and after 6 months upgraded to the 3G+ facility with the same company.

I realized that we all ride taxi of life and got through different stops/station of life and see as well as hear too many things, which never keep record to track nor try to remember to learn or to pass the experience to others, as we are too obsessed with materialistic.

The topic name ‘Taxi life’ has been derived from a book in Arabic titled “Taxi, tales of rides” by first-time author Khalid Al Khamissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment